Rocky Bay Resorts
Relaxing Holiday Destination, Wedding or Conference Venue.
MTB / RUNNING TRAILS
Rocky Bay Resorts offers it all, with accommodation to suit your needs.
Trail Operating Hours – from sun up to sun down
At Rocky Bay Resorts Trails, we offer all our guests an opportunity to enjoy the awesome south coast sea views and fresh air and to go out and have a self- supported adventure; be it for mountain bikers, trail runners or simply those who just enjoy walking on our trails.
The emphasis is on adventure, however it must be noted that once you go out onto our trails it is at your own risk. We do not have a collection or rescue service for any emergency, however we will certainly assist in any way possible- but we offer no guarantees whatsoever.
There are many risks inherent to these outdoor activities, and by entering the trails, you acknowledge that the risk is your own.
Cross Training Trail : 4km with 6 strength training stops
Running Trails: 4,6,8 & 10km
MTB Trails: 12,19,29,39km
If you are just visiting the trails for a day, all you need to do is:
1. Arrive after sun up 2. Proceed to Rocky Bay Resorts – security gate 3. Sign up after reading the conditions and the indemnity.
Keep permit with you and then head out and have some fun.
R20 per entry cash honesty box at Security Gate – (please bring exact cash no change is available.) OR Entry Cards are available at the Lodge Reception payment may be made by cash or card during office hours Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays 8am to 12 noon
4 Trail entries – R 70.00 8 Trail entries – R130.00 16 Trail entries – R260.00 20 Trail entries – R300.00
What we do:
* Mark and manage trails of varying length and difficulty so that cyclists and runners of all abilities can partake in the sport of mountain biking and trail running without fear of getting lost and trespassing.
* Protect the landowners by only allocating permits to riders and runners who have signed the Indemnities.
* Spend 20 % of our trail team’s time controlling noxious weeds.
* To grow the sport of mountain biking & trail running by making it possible for new riders & runners to enter the sport easily.
What we don’t do:
* Provide a collection service for riders & runners who are broken down or injured. (We do not have the man power or facilities).
* MTBing and trail running are a fairly dangerous adventure sports. The further out from the trail start you go, the bigger the risk you take of getting lost, or injured without help at hand. This is your choice to take these risks. We will endeavour to assist in any way we can in an emergency but cannot promise anything at all. Please see the detailed indemnity.
* We don’t manicure our trails! Our single track is well maintained to provide a magnificent riding experience. However with weather and farm traffic, the trails are always in a state of change. Riders must realise that the trail can change from one week to the next and must ride accordingly. With 111km of trails, potholes, ruts and other changes to the trails must be anticipated.
* NO DOGS allowed on the trails.
Call: 039 976 0336 | email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
GPS: S30°20’7.49” E30°43’56.48”